If you don’t know how to maintain your PC, then Windows would run into different kinds of errors associated with Blue Screen of Death (BSOD). It starts from basic practices like shutting down your PC properly. One of the most common errors faced by Windows 10/8/8.1 users is System Service Exception.
The System Service Exception error or Error 0x3B can have other sources as well apart from improper shutdown. In several cases faulty or corrupted RAM and crashed Hard disk was the prime cause for the same. Even if you install new hardware, the mismatched driver software can also cause this error. There are certain incidents when corrupted Windows Registry has also caused System Service Exception error in Windows 10/8/8.1.
Whatever may be the cause, System Service Exception can be vexatious for Windows 10/8/8.1 users. Your PC can often run down into BSOD which can hamper your present work and can lead to severe data loss. Often Error 0x3B would prevent your PC to start up properly. You even may not be able to access your PC anymore. Your PC would often hang and respond very late to the mouse and keyboard input.
Ways to Fix System_Service_Exception Blue Screen Error
But there are various solutions available for this error that you can try. Few of them are listed below-
Method #1 to Solve System Service Exception Error
System Service Exception can occur due to corrupted Windows Registry. You can either manually look for the faulty Registry entry or use a third party software to scan and repair the registry items. But keep in mind that if you edit Windows Registry manually, then there are chances that your PC would even start further. To avoid such things make a backup of the registry item before proceeding to anything. Once you find the corrupted Registry entry associated with the System Service Exception, create a backup by saving the file elsewhere with a .reg extension.
You can follow the steps below find and repair the faulty Windows Registry-
- Press Windows + R to open Run Menu.
- Type cmd and hit the Enter Key.
- When the Command Prompt Window appears on your screen type the command sfc /scannow.
- After you press the Enter key, Windows will look for the corrupted Windows Registry files.
- Once the scan is 100% complete, you will see the list of junk files and possible actions that were taken to resolve the issue.
- However, there are certain issues that Windows cannot solve automatically, for that you need to run another set of command in the Command Prompt Window.
- Type DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth and Press Enter.
- It may take some time to complete the process. Keep patience and do not shut down your PC even if the process seems static for some time.
- After the scan and repair task is completed and you find any significant changed appearing in the results you need to Restart your PC.
Method #2 For Fixing System Service Exception in Windows 10/8/8.1
Sometimes faulty or corrupted RAM can lead to System Service Exception Error. Windows 10/8/8.1 offers inbuilt Memory Diagnostic to check for any error related to Memory. You can either perform Memory Diagnostic by immediately restarting your PC or schedule it for the next restart. To perform the Windows Memory Diagnostic, you need to complete the following steps-
- Press Windows + R to start the Run Menu.
- In the text area, you need to type mdsched.exe and press Enter Key.
- After you execute it, a prompt will appear asking you whether you want to perform the Memory Diagnostic immediately or schedule it when you restart your PC after that session.
- Choose any one of them. After your PC reboots, you have to simply proceed and follow the steps exactly the way Windows asks for it.
- Make sure that you don’t restart your PC while the process is completed.
System Service Exception error can also be caused due to storage related issues. You can try and check if your hard disk is causing such issues. You need to have any third party software installed on your PC. Microsoft has already a tool to perform a check for a faulty Hard disk you need to follow these steps-
- You need to open Command Prompt and Run as Administrator.
- Right click on Start Menu and choose Command Prompt from the list.
- When the Command Prompt window appears on your screen type chkdsk /f .
- Press Enter to start the process.
- Follow the steps correctly which are displayed on the screen if any error is spotted.
When you browse through various websites or install some software few unwanted files are retained. Those files are total junk when they pile up can hamper the proper functioning of your PC. In such scenario, it can also relate to Service Exception Error in Windows 10/8/8.1. It not only consumes space on your PC but also slows it down. To get rid of these junk and leftover files you have to follow these steps-
- Windows offers a Disk Clean-Up tool for managing junk and unwanted files on your PC.
- To open the Disk Clean-Up tool, you need to open Run Menu and type cleanmgr in the space provided.
- As soon as you hit the Enter key, a dialog box will appear asking you for the partition you want to check for junk and error files.
- Choose the drive in which you have installed OS and start the process.
- Follow the commands later as Windows asks for it one by one to complete the process.
Final Verdict To Solve Fix System_Service_Exception Blue Screen Error
Before following any of the method listed above, you need to perform a scan for virus and malware on your PC. Make sure that your Antivirus program is duly updated. Windows 10/8/8.1 provides Window Defender for the purpose. Some of the Antivirus programs also contain some specific tool to solve this kind of error in Windows PC. If you still face the same error, just have a look for faulty drivers. If you find any, immediately update it to fix this issue.
In some cases, this error keeps occurring again and again. If that is the case with you and you are lucky enough to create a restore point, then you should perform a System Restore. Ultimately, if the problem is not solved after trying all the methods, just install a fresh copy of Windows. Offcourse, backup your precious data before formatting and reinstalling Windows on your PC. After you reinstall Windows, download and install all the Windows Updates to avaoid this error in future.