Guide for How To Turn Off Pop Up Blocker in Chrome: Whenever you are upto some important work, and suddenly some Pop Up appears. It agitates you a lot and causes a hell of a distraction. Pop Ups are those additional tabs or new browser window which automatically opens to show some advertisements. It can also contain the permission to use or run any pre-installed add-on on your web browser. There is a particular application which helps you to block these Pop-Up Windows called Pop-Up Blocker. Pop-Up Blocker is available as an add-on, on most of the web browsers like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge, Opera, etc.
If you are using Google Crome, then you can easily download it from the Chrome Store and enable it. But, sometimes you require the Pop-Up to appear genuinely. Pop Up may also contain some additional details about a service or appropriate permissions needed to take any action. In that case, you have to turn off Pop Up Blocker in Chrome, you can follow the methods below to know how to switch off Pop Up Blocker in Chrome.
How To Turn Off Pop Up Blocker in Chrome
Using the Google Chrome Settings
If you are using Google Chrome as your Web Browser, then you can quickly turn off Pop-Up Blocker. You just have to make slight changes in the Setting. You can also disable the installed Add-On if you are using any currently.
To turn off Pop Up blocker in Chrome using Chrome Settings you can follow the steps below-
- Go to the top right corner of the browser window. Just below the Close button, you will find the three vertical dots.
- Click on the three vertical dots. You will get a Pop-Up menu with a list of options. There you have to select the Settings option.
- Scroll down the window to find Advanced Settings. You have to Click on Advanced to display the Advanced Setting features.
- Scroll further to reach the Content Setting option. Once you click on Content Settings, a new window will appear in your browser window.
- Hover to the Pop-Up section. There you will find the current status or action to be taken on the Pop-Ups.
- When you click on the Pop-Up option, then you will get options in which you can Allow the Pop-Ups.
- Once you allow the Pop-Up, then all Pop-Ups will appear irrespective of their purpose.
Manipulating Windows Registry
Apart from changing the Chrome Settings you also make sure changes in the Windows Registry to turn off Pop Up blocker in Chrome. According to Wikipedia.org, Windows Registry is simply a hierarchical database that stores low-level settings for the Microsoft Windows operating system and for applications that opt to use the Registry. Since Google Chrome also uses the Windows Registry to store individual data and functions in it, you can also manipulate it to turn off Pop Up blocker in Chrome. To know how to turn off Pop Up blocker in Chrome by making changes in Windows Registry, you can follow the steps below –
- Either You can open the Windows Registry Editor from the Control Panel, or you can simply do it by using the Run Menu.
- To open the Run Menu on your PC just press Windows Key and R on your keyboard simultaneously.
- When the Run Menu appears on the screen, you have to type regedit in the text area and press on Run button or just Enter Key to open the Windows Registry Editor.
- Windows will ask your permission before starting it. You can see the Windows Registry Editor. There are several folders available, but you have to select HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.
- Then you can choose Software. From the list of all installed softwares on your PC, you have to select Google.
- In the Google subfolder, you will find Chrome. Right Click on Chrome and choose the New option.
- Select DWORD 32-bit value to proceed further.
- Now you have to give the value name as DefaultPopUpSettings and set the value as Allow all sites to show pop-ups.
- Then just restart your PC to view the changes you have applied.
Don’t Worry if you use MAC OS
If you are using MAC OS, then there are lots of things that you cannot do like Windows. Sometimes particular things can annoy you due to the uniqueness of the MAC OS. Although the MAC OS includes Graphical User Interface but still performing few tasks can be a bit quirky. But you can follow the steps below to know how to turn off Pop Up blocker in Chrome even if you are using a MAC OS-
- You have open Terminal as you can do it by typing few commands in the MAC OS terminal.
- When you hover the Finder option, you will get a list of choices.
- You can select the GO option from the list.
- Then you have to look for Utilities which contain all sorts of installed application on your PC.
- From the Utilities section, you will find Terminal Option. Just click on the Terminal to open it.
- When the terminal opens, you have to type the command below.
defaults write com.google.chrome DefaultPopupsSetting -integer <k>
- You can change k with an integer according to the option you wish to activate. To allow pop-ups in Chrome, you have to replace k with 1. If you again want to disable Pop-Ups, then you can select 0 instead of 1.
- After you save the changes, restart your PC to view the applied changes.
Final Verdict to Switch off pop up Blocker in Chrome Browser
These methods would help you to turn off Pop Up blocker in Chrome. You just have to make sure that you follow the steps very carefully. Sometimes it may happen that despite making these changes you still find the problem persists. This may be because you have add-ons installed on your Google Chrome browser. You can try again by disabling those add-ons. While you are working with Windows Registry Editor, you need to be extra cautious because your slightest ignorance can cause blunders in your PC.
Know: Cortana Is Not Working In Windows 10-How to Fix
It may happen that some applications don’t work properly or even crash down. Even while working on the MAC OS terminal be careful enough not type any unknown commands for the sake of experimenting. Indeed these methods are sufficient to solve the purpose for how to turn off pop up blocker in chrome.