If you own an Apple iPod, whether it be the iPod Nano, iPod Touch, iPod Classic or the iPod shuffle and if your iPod device has either become frozen or in case you wish to reset your iPod device, then today we are here with a step by step guide on how to reset iPod Nano, iPod Touch, iPod Classic or iPod Shuffle devices.
Many people search on how to unfreeze or how to reset iPod the software on an iPod may become frozen if you interrupt a software update or mess up with the core system settings or rarely an iPod can also freeze randomly without responding to any commands.
Contents of This Guide
- How to Reset iPod Nano, iPod Touch, iPod Classic,iPod Shuffle or Other iPod Model
- How to Reset the Apple iPod and Unfreeze iPod using Click Wheel?
- Final Words to Reset, Restart or Unfreeze iPod
Resetting an iPod is also not something new as once an iPod device gets old or if the storage memory becomes almost full, iPod devices may exhibit certain lags and stutters and the best way to remove the lags and stutters from your iPod is by periodically resetting your iPod.
So without wasting much time, let us get started with the guide on how to unfreeze or how to reset iPod with ease.
How to Reset iPod Nano, iPod Touch, iPod Classic,iPod Shuffle or Other iPod Model
If your iPod device has become frozen and is not responding to any commands or touch feeds, then below is how to reset iPod easily to unfreeze the device.
How to Reset iPod Shuffle?
Here is how you can reset Apple iPod Shuffle:
- In case your iPod Shuffle is connected to a computer, disconnect it.
- Move the slider on your Apple iPod Shuffle to its OFF position.
- Wait for about 10 seconds.
- Now move the slider back to either the “Shuffle” mode or the “Play in Order” mode.
You have now completed resetting your iPod Shuffle.
How to Reset iPod Classic?
Below is the guide on how to reset iPod Classic easily:
- Slide the Hold switch on your iPod Classic to its ON position.
- Then slide the Hold switch back to its OFF position.
- Now, simultaneously, press the Menu key + the key in the top of your iPod Classic + the key in the volume control wheel of your iPod Classic. Keep pressing all the 3 keys together for a few seconds.
- You should keep holding the keys until you see the Apple logo on the screen. After that, you can let go of the keys.
The Apple iPod Classic is now reset successfully.
How to Reset the Apple iPod Model Touch?
In case you own an Apple iPod Touch and want to reset your device, below is how you can do the same:
- To reset the iPod Touch, hold the “Sleep/Wake” key that is placed at the top of your iPod Touch and the “Home” key at the same time for a couple of seconds.
- Keep holding both the above-mentioned keys on your iPod Touch until the Apple brand logo appears on the screen.
- After the Apple logo appears, you can then remove the hold on the keys.
Now, the Apple iPod Touch device has been successfully reset.
How to Reset iPod Model Nano
iPod Nano comes with various generation. Get your iPod Nano generation and find the way to reset it below:
Reset Guide for iPod Nano 7th Generation
If you own an Apple iPod Nano 7th generation, then here is how to reset it:
- Press the Home key + the Wake/Sleep key and keep pressing it until the Apple logo appears on the screen.
- Once the Apple logo appears on the screen, leave the hold of the two keys.
This is how easily you can reset your iPod 7th Generation.
How to Reset the Apple iPod Nano 6th Gen?
Here is how to reset Apple iPod Nano 6th Generation:
- Hold pressing the Wake/Sleep key + Volume Down key on your iPod and keep pressing it until the Apple logo appears on the screen.
- Once the Apple brand logo appears, let go of the hold on the keys.
Your Apple iPod 6th generation is now successfully reset.
Reset iPod Nano Model 5th Gen and Older?
If you want to unfreeze iPod Nano 5th generation or older by resetting it, then here is how you can do the same:
- Locate the “Hold” switch on the top of your iPod Nano and slide it to its ON position and then slide it to its OFF position.
- Now, in one go, press the Select key and Menu key simultaneously and wait till the Apple brand logo appears on the screen.
The above method can be followed to reset iPod Nano and is also the same method that is followed to reset iPod Classic. Even if you have an iPod Mini, then the above method can be followed to reset iPod Mini as well.
How to Reset the Apple iPod and Unfreeze iPod using Click Wheel?
The click wheel on any iPod model can be used to reset the device. And below is how to reset iPod and unfreeze it using the click wheel:
- Switch the “Hold” key to its ON position and then to its OFF position.
- Press and hold the Center and Menu keys for about 10 seconds until the Apple logo appears on the screen.
- In case the Apple logo fails to appear on screen, follow Step 2 mentioned above until you can see the Apple logo on the screen.
Final Words to Reset, Restart or Unfreeze iPod
Hope you found the various ways on how to reset iPod listed above helpful and easy to follow. In case of any queries related to the above guide, leave a comment below raising your query and we will help you in resolving them.