Sina Weibo And Tencent Weibo Removal Guide: iOS devices run on one of the most secure platforms in the world. There is almost no chance that you will find an iOS device ever infected. Even if some developer builds an app with malicious intention, he won’t be able to upload it on the Appstore.
Well, that’s the level of security you get when you own an iPhone or iPad. However, you should avoid downloading any app from unreliable sources. Often, iOS users confuse after they abruptly see Sina Weibo and Tencent Weibo options in the Settings panel. They take it as if their device is under a virus attack.
What is Sina Weibo And Tencent Weibo?
Sina Weibo is basically a microblogging site like Twitter developed by Sina Corporation. It is very popular in China but not much known in other countries. More than 30% internet users in China use this Social Networking site. Currently, there are more than 500 million active users of this microblogging platform.
On the other hand, Tencent Weibo is also a microblogging site but is lesser known in compared to Sina Weibo. Tencent Weibo is developed by Tencent. Although the website is fully functional but the app is still in Beta testing phase. Tencent Weibo also has a Reposting feature similar to the Retweet feature of Twitter.
But, trust me Sina Weibo and Tencent Weibo are not malicious. They are the social networks that appear in the iOS settings. So, you should not trouble yourself anymore. Your device is completely safe and no harm is done. Still, if you don’t like Sina Weibo And Tencent Weibo options on your device then you can follow the steps below to remove it-
#1 – How To Remove Sina Weibo And Tencent Weibo From iOS
This method is helpful if you want to eliminate the root cause itself. If you don’t want to mess up with the internal codes of your iOS device then you can follow these steps –
- Sina Weibo and Tencent Weibo are not some kinds of viruses. Basically, they are social networking sites. They are not as much as popular compared to Facebook or Twitter. Even these apps are region specific. Well, the only reason they are on your device is that you may have downloaded or used the Chinese keyboard. Apple fails to recognize your region and somehow install these Chinese social networking apps on your device. But you can remove them very easily.
Sina Weibo Option in Settings Panel
- As Sina Weibo and Tencent Weibo are linked with the Chinese keyboard so you need to remove the keyboard itself. Head over to the Settings panel of your iOS Device.
- Under the Settings panel, you have to go for the General option in the list.
- After that, you will find the Keyboard option under the General section. Tap on Keyboard to proceed.
- When the Keyboard section appears, scroll down to get Chinese keyboard.
- Swipe left the Chinese keyboard and tap on Delete button.
- As soon as you delete the Chinese Keyboard from your device, you will be glad to find that the Sina Weibo and Tencent Weibo options are also removed from the Settings Panel.
Know: Top Camera Apps For Android Phones
#2 – How To Remove Tencent Weibo and Sina Weibo From iOS
if you don’t want to remove the Chinese keyboard from your iOS device and still want to get rid of the Sina Weibo and Tencent Weibo app then you can follow the steps below-
- You need to be extra cautious before using this method and should not do anything else except what is stated here below.
- This method can be used to remove any Social Networking site from your iOS device. Go to Applications.
- In the Applications section, you will find Preferences.app, tap on it to proceed.
- Next, go to Settings.plist in iFile and choose the Text Viewer option.
- Now you have to hit the edit button.
- Under the edit section, you need to find the code below for Sina Weibo and delete it.
<dict> <key>bundle</key> <string>WeiboSettings</string> <key>cell</key> <string>PSLinkCell</string> <key>iconCache</key> <string>Weibo</string> <key>isController</key> <true/> <key>label</key> <string>WEIBO</string> </dict>
- To remove the Tencent Weibo you have to remove the code below from the text editor-
<dict> <key>bundle</key> <string>TencentWeiboSettings</string> <key>cell</key> <string>PSLinkCell</string> <key>iconCache</key> <string>TencentWeiboSettings</string> <key>isController</key> <true/> <key>label</key> <string>TENCENT_WEIBO</string> </dict>
Just make sure that you won’t mess up with anything esle except the code above. If you make changes in other social networking sites like Facebook or Twitter you may end up crashing them. Each social networking app begins with the <dict> tag and ends with </dict> tag. It is better to take a backup of the text code before editing or removing anything.
Final Verdict For Removing Sina Weibo And Tencent Weibo
Well, after all, Sina Weibo and Tencent Weibo are a Social Networking app. They are totally harmless. Even if they stay on your device they won’t alter anything. Moreover, these apps are not meant to occupy large space. So you can learn to ignore them to prevent yourself from falling into more problem with your device in order to remove these apps.
However, if you don’t like these Sina Weibo and Tencent Weibo apps to be on your device then you can follow any of the above two methods. These methods would definitely solve your issue regarding removal of Sina Weibo and Tencent Weibo from iOS. But always be extra cautious when you are using the Text Editor as it could lead to other fatal error even if you make a minor change in the code.