Fix windows has detected an IP address conflict: The IP address is a unique address that your PC receives when interacting with a network.
It is the address and the identity of the PC that identifies it to all other PCs and systems on the Internet.
The “Windows has detected an IP address conflict” error indicates that the IP address is being used in two places at the same time. In general, this is a private IP address that has nothing to do with your ISP, as it is a problem with the design of your PC or switch. All private IP addresses on your system must be unique.
More about the “Windows has detected an IP address conflict” error
If you are connected to more than one device in your home for Wi-Fi, you can use IP as a management challenge. On Windows, you will receive a brief notification regarding this error.
Go to Network Error and this will show you the “Windows has detected an IP address conflict” pop-up window, which says that another PC in the system has the IP address similar to this PC.
No PC should have a similar IP address in a similar system. If they do, they cannot access the Internet and face issues like the error mentioned above. Like a similar IP address in a similar system, you have a dispute, for example: If you have two cars of a similar model and you have similar tags, what is the method to identify them? That’s the problem that our PC finds in this error.
However, this is not a big problem and can be solved easily with a few methods. Here, I am going to share with you a few of the techniques that can be used to solve this error and get your PC working perfectly again.
Solved: Cortana Is Not Working In Windows 10
Ways To Fix windows has detected an IP address conflict
Follow the steps and methods mentioned below properly to resolve the “Windows has detected an IP address conflict” error:
Restart your modem
Your PC cannot propagate the correct IP address to the associated device. This may be due to a temporary problem on your device, although most of the time this issue can be resolved with a basic restart cycle.
Just turn off your modem for 1 or 2 minutes, and then turn it back on. After you switch it on, wait for 2-3 minutes and then reconnect the device your PC. This exercise should successfully resolve the “Windows has detected an IP address conflict” issue within minutes without spreading the problem further.
This is the most common breakthrough, a brisk reboot at regular intervals must usually settle this issue. You can also refresh the firmware on your switch regularly, so issues like these do not occur. Fix Windows Updates Issues With Windows Update Troubleshooter from Microsoft.
Disable and re-enable your network adapter
- Press the Windows key + R to open the run command
- Type the command “ncpa.cpl” and press Enter
- Right-click on the remote connector and click on Disable
- Right-click on a similar connector and click on “Activate”
- Now, reboot your device and test the mapping to your remote system to see if you can fix it.
- Windows has successfully distinguished the IP address conflict and the error is resolved.
Renewing the IP address
- Right-click Windows Start and select the Command Prompt (Administrator)
- Now, write the command mentioned below one after the other and press the enter key after each entry.
ipconfig / release ipconfig / flushdns ipconfig /renew
- Next, open the Management System icon and type in the commands given below, press enter after each entry:
ipconfig /flushdns nbtstat –r netsh int ip reset reset c:\resetlog.txt netsh Winsock reset
- Finally, restart your PC to apply gradients.
The DNS download will detect that Windows has detected an IP address mismatch error and resolve it successfully.
Download: Latest version of Modio
- Right-click the Wi-Fi icon on the taskbar and click on “Open Network and Sharing Center”
- Now click on your current connection type and open the configuration settings
- Note: If you cannot connect to your system at this moment, then use the Ethernet connection to perform the function and apply it to the progress
- In this window, click on “Capture Properties” under Networking
- Scroll down to find “Internet Protocol version 6 (TCP / IP)” and disconnect it.
- Click OK and Close.
- Restart your PC to save the changes made
This method will quickly resolve the “Windows has detected an IP address conflict” error and get your PC and working.
Reconfigure your static IP address
On the off chance that your PC is utilizing a static IP address, you can consider changing to an alternate static IP address. The present IP address might strife with the arrangement of IP trends.
You can get an IP address specifically from the DHCP server as opposed to physically entering an IP address.
To reconfigure your static IP address and resolve the “Windows has detected an IP address conflict” error, follow the steps below:
- Open the Control Panel and select “Network and Internet”
- Here, click on “Network and Sharing Center”, and select “Change connector settings”
- Select your Wi-Fi network from this window, double-tap it and select Properties.
- Now, select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP / IPv4) and again click on Properties.
- Activate “Obtain IP address naturally” and “Obtain DNS server address accordingly”.
- Close all the windows and Reboot your PC.
This should have resolved the “Windows has detected an IP address conflict” error. The DHCP definitely knows which addresses are taken and which ones can be given out.
Conclusion: Solve windows has detected an IP address conflict
All the possible solutions to Fix the “Windows has detected an IP address conflict” error are listed above.
All of these methods are foolproof and will definitely help you resolve the error. In case, the issue still persists, you can try calling for technical support.