You might be familiar with the Blue Screen of Death problem if you are a Windows 10 user. Well, PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA Error in Windows 10 is one of them. Whenever the blue screen appears on the Windows 10, it will always cause you trouble. PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA Error in Windows 10 may occur due to multiple reasons.
It can happen due to frequent power cuts which can cause an improper shutdown. Often some heavy system Softwares like an antivirus program can corrupt the files of the Operating System on your PC. Some of the hardware faults like clumsy RAM. Well, we have got you different methods on how to fix PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA error in Windows 10:
Ways to Fix “PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA” Error in Windows 10
Method #1 to Solve PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA Error in Windows 10
Most of the times when “PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA” error in Windows 10 occurs you can’t login to your PC. But don’t worry even if you are unable to login into your PC or it fails to start properly you can follow the steps below to get rid of this enigma-
- If you cannot reach to your PC in normal mode then you have to go for the safe mode. Just be aware of one fact that you need not go for hard boot if your PC is in a healthy state. So there are chances of severe data loss if you proceed to enter an environment without proper support of the Operating System.
- To open your PC in safe mode you need to hold the power button of the CPU or Laptop till it gets off. Now immediately after it shutdowns you have to press the power button again. Till you get a “Please Wait” message on the blue screen keep repeating the cycle.
- Once you enter the safe mode a new screen would appear with Recovery Option. You have to click on See advanced repair options to proceed further.
- After that, you will three options on the screen. You have to go for Troubleshoot straight without any adieu.
- Then from the next list of available options, you have to click on Advance Options. In the Advanced Options, you would find a plethora of options like System Restore, Command Prompt, Disk Image Recovery etc. Just look for Startup Settings to proceed further.
- You have to press on Restart Buton to start the operation. After the PC restarts, you will get a list of options. Just make sure that you open it in Safe Mode by pressing F4, F5 and F6 to select fourth, fifth or sixth option respectively.
- When the PC opens you have to open Command Prompt with Administrator permission. All you need is to go find it in the Start Button panel and choose Run as Administrator when you right click on it.
- After the Command Prompt opens you have to type the following command and hit the Enter key-
chkdsk /f /r
- Now to proceed further type Y and again press the Enter key. This will start the hard disk scan to spot any problem in it.
- As soon as the analysis is complete type sfs /scannow followed by Enter key.
- Don’t shut down the PC until this process is completed. After the process is completed your PC will restart and the issue might be solved.
Method #2 for Fixing Page Fault in Nonpagenated Area
Sometimes you are lucky enough that when your PC runs out in “PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA” error in Windows 10 still you can Login into it. Now you can perform several tests and solve the error by staying in Windows environment itself. This process is much easier and less risky than the former one. So, follow the steps below to solve “PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA” error in Windows 10-
- On your desktop, you will find This PC option. Right Click on This PC icon to get a list of options in the pop-up menu.
- From the Right Click pop-up menu click on Properties option.
- You will see a page that contains basic information about your PC and Operating System. Well, you need to choose Advanced System Settings from the left panel.
- After the Settings window appear on your screen choose Settings under Advanced Tab in the Performance category.
- In the Performance category option select Change in the Virtual memory section.
- A list of options will appear under the Virtual memory section. If you find Automatically manage paging file size for all drives is checked then uncheck it and click on OK to save.
- After that exit the current window and Restart your PC.
You may like to know Fix for SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED Error.
Method #3 – PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA
In several cases, PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA occurs due to some faulty drivers. It can also be possible that if you have applied Windows Update and missed to update few Windows service pack. To avoid this error you can try these steps-
- Click on Windows button on the taskbar.
- Choose Settings and from the Settings Tab select Update & Security.
- Go for Windows Update and run an online check for latest Windows Update.
- Once the Update is downloaded, Windows will ask you to upgrade your PC.
- After your PC restarts, you have to check for the faulty drivers.
- Go to the Device Manager and check for all the outdated drivers one by one.
- Update them if necessary.
Solving PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA in Windows 10
The Blue Screen of Death is a very common problem faced by Windows 8 and 10 users. This problem can arise due to numerous faulty software or hardware issues. PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA is one major reason for the Blue Screen of Death in Windows 8 or 10. You may or may not be able to access your PC when such error occurs but these three methods would definitely help you in solving PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA error in Windows 10.
Even after you try all these methods and your problem is unsolved yet then you can try a few driver issues related softwares to automate the process of finding and resolving the issue of impaired drivers. If this problem still persists then you can try to perform Recovery or Factory Reset your PC with a Recovery disk or CDs.