Fix High CPU Usage by WMI Provider Host: From time to time, you may find that your WMI provider host constantly uses a generous portion of your computer.
According to some reports, the method uses more than half of the computer’s power, especially if multimedia applications were used.
This article shows you how to investigate the issue of the increased use of the WMI provider host. But, before we talk about research approaches, how about knowing what WMI providers are?
What is the WMI host provider?
The WMI provider host (WmiPrvSE.exe) remains intact for the Windows Management Instrumentation Service. It is an important management that applications cannot continue without.
If this process is stopped, a considerable amount of lights on your PC will be meaningless. Above all, you will not receive the wrong warnings.
Related Read: Fix (svchost.exe) Service Host Local System High Disk Usage on Windows 10
How to identify if WmiPrvSE.exe is infected?
The real benefit of using WmiPrvSE.exe or even Windows Management Support is in the Windows / System32 Organizer, but spyware could be hidden with this title and placed in an envelope.
Most likely you are looking for the host of the WMI provider Host and why such intensive CPU usage is needed. Whether it is Windows 8 or Windows 10, it will face the CPU usage problem of the WMI Provider High Host.
To distinguish this plausibility, mark the attributes of the registry in this line and check them with your antivirus. Maybe you have discovered the WmiPrvSE.exe policy in Task Manager? WmiPrvSE (or WmiPrvSE.exe) includes the Windows Administration Instrumentation Service. You can even call it a WMI provider host as it appears in the task manager in the plan.
Fix High CPU Usage by WMI Provider Host (WmiPrvSE.exe) on Windows 10
Occasionally, you have no idea that a WMI provider number is part of the Microsoft Windows operating system (framework). It manages the business status and provides administrative data.
With WMI, administrators can create or publish data about structure segments, systems, applications, and other parts of the effort. People creating projects can use the WMI provider number to prepare Windows clients for major events.
Without WmiPrvSE.exe, not all projects in Windows, including tree applications and bundles, could be preserved. In conjunction with this, WMI is just a number that allows all admin responses for the job. In addition, users will not receive a warning when an error occurs.
Follow the methods below to fix the High CPU Usage by WMI Provider Host (WmiPrvSE.exe) error in Windows 10:
Run a Virus Scan
Sometimes, the infection or malware on your PC is the culprit for this issue. So, first start with the basic investigation and perform a Virus scan on your PC.
Simply run your anti-virus program to check if there is some Virus that is causing the High CPU usage.
If there seems to be any kind of undesirable application or program, expel it immediately from your PC, and restart it to check it again. If there is no such issue, then move ahead to the next step.
Scan the Corrupted System Files
Follow these steps to run a scan on the corrupted system files:
- Open Command Prompt from the Start Menu of Windows
- Type the “sfc/scannow” command and press Enter
- The scan will start. Wait for it to complete
- When the scan is finished, continue with the 2nd command in the command prompt
- Type “DISM/Online/Cleanup-Image/RestoreHealth” and press Enter
This will give you a complete report of all the corrupted files in your system.
Repair Corrupt Files
- Download “Reimage Plus” on your PC and run it. It will scan, repair and restore all the degenerated files, corrupted files, and missing files
- Press Windows+R Keys to open run command dialog
- Type “services.msc” in the command box
- A list of services will be displayed. Find the “Windows Management Instrumentation Service” from here
- Tap on any of the services from the list and press the W key
- All the services beginning with the alphabet “W” will be displayed
- Right-click on the service and restart it.
- Let the service run, and we will resolve the High CPU Usage issue using this procedure.
Restart Other Services Associated
This is another effective method to resolve the WMI Provider Host High CPU Usage issue.
- Open Command Prompt from the start menu
- Enter the following commands in the command prompt one after the other by pressing the Enter key after each entry.
net stop iphlpsvc net stop wscsvc net stop Winmgmt net begin Winmgmt net begin wscsvc net begin iphlpsvc
- After you finish entering all the commands provided, restart your PC.
The WMI Provider Host (WmiPrvSE.Exe) High CPU Usage will be successfully resolved.
Uninstall Incompatible Components, Programs and Drivers creating the issue
One of the causes for WMI Provider Host (WmiPrvSE.Exe) High CPU Usage are broken components and faulty drivers. This is because the drivers become incompatible one the Windows OS is updated. So, you need to keep a check on this kind of faulty drivers and other components and uninstall them.
You can make use of “Event Viewer” to diagnose such of problematic programs.
- Press the Windows+X key and select “Event Viewer” from the menu
- Click on the “View” button and then click on “Show Analytic and Debug Logs”
- Here, follow the path in the left pane:
- Now, mark down all the items listed as “Error”
- Now Open Task Manager by Pressing the Windows+X Keys.
- Here, go to the Services tab
- Under the PID column, locate all the processes that have the matching ID as the ones that were marked as “Error” in the “Event Viewer”
- Once you have listed all such processes, you can choose to either disable or uninstall them.
This method will definitely resolve the WMI Provider Host (WmiPrvSE.Exe) High CPU Usage issue of your PC and will also help in making your PC run faster, smoother and efficiently.
Conclusion: Repair High CPU Usage by WMI Provider Host
All the answers to the error High CPU Usage by WMI Provider Host (WmiPrvSE.exe) On Windows 10 are provided above. These are the various methods that can be used to solve this error on your PC.
Hope you have managed to resolve the issue completely on your own by using one of these solutions.