A lot of people who own a Windows 10 powered pc, notebook or laptop have been lately complaining of facing a few errors related to some Elara App installed on their device. What makes this error more confusing is that none of the users have installed any application named “Elara App” on their notebook or laptop and hence is confused on what the error is and how to fix the error.
What is the Elara App?
As said above, none of the Windows 10 laptop or notebook users who are facing the above-listed errors have installed any application named “Elara App” on their desktop, PC or laptop. Therefore, it is important to know what the application is and what it does, before moving on with the solutions for the above-mentioned errors.
Elara is a title given to the application inside the file “Apntex.exe” that is found on every laptop, notebook and other portable computers. The Elara application is a built-in application that comes in default with all portable computers that features a pointing device from Alps, and helps in the functioning of the pointing device.
Why am I facing Elara App Errors on my Windows 10?
The reason you are facing errors such as “Elara App is Preventing Windows from Shutting down“, “Elara App is Preventing Windows from Restarting” and “Elara App is Preventing Windows from Signing Out” may be because of some malware or virus infection in the application or could be just because the application is not updated to its latest version.
Whatever the reason might be, we are here today with a few methods that can help you to fix the above-mentioned errors that you are facing on your Windows 10 laptop and notebook.
How to Fix Elara App is Preventing Windows from Shutting down / Restarting / Signing Out in Windows 10?
There are different ways which may help you in fixing the Elara App errors in Windows 10 notebooks and laptops and all those methods are listed below.
Method 1 to Fix Elara App is Preventing Windows from Shutting down:
As the Elara App is for the functioning of the touch pad on your Windows 10 laptop or notebook, it may be because you have not updated the touchpad device drivers to the latest version that you are facing the Elara App error.
So, here is how you can fix the Elara App is preventing Windows from shutting down, by updating your touchpad device drivers:
- Launch the Control Panel application in your Windows 10 laptop or notebook.
- From the Control Panel home page, click on the “Hardware and Sound” option.
- In the window that appears, click on the “Device Manager” option that is available under “Devices and Printers“.
- A new window will now appear and from this new window, find the “Mice and Other Pointing Devices” option and expand this option.
- Now, you will find an option named “Alps Pointing-Device“. Click on the Right-Mouse-Button while on this option and then select the “Update Driver” option from the drop-down menu that appears.
If there are any new device driver updates available for the Alps pointing device in your Windows 10 laptop, those updates will now be downloaded and installed. Wait for the installation to complete and once done restart your Windows 10 pc to check whether the error is now gone or not.
Method 2 to Solve Elara App is Preventing Windows from Restarting:
The second method to fix the Elara App is Preventing Windows from Restarting error is mentioned below.
- Launch the Settings application in your Windows 10 notebook or laptop.
- From the window that opens, click on the “Update and Security” option.
- In the page that now opens, click on the “Check for Updates” option.
If there are some new updates that are notified to you, then check if there are any updates for the touchpad on your Windows 10 notebook or laptop. In case there is, then install those updates (installing all the latest updates are recommended) and then restart your laptop or notebook.
Method 3 to Fix Elara App is Preventing Windows from Signing Out:
The third method to resolve the Elara App is Preventing Windows from Signing Out issue is mentioned below:
- Download the latest Alps Touch Pad Drivers for your Laptop or Notebook model from the internet.
- After you have finished downloading, press the Windows Key + X Key on your keyboard.
- From the popup menu that appears, select the “Apps and Features” option.
- A new window will now appear and now search for the “Alps Touch Pad Drivers” and uninstall the same.
- After the uninstallation is completed, install the latest Alps Touch Pad Drivers that you downloaded earlier.
Method 4 for Fixing Elara App is Preventing Windows from Shutting down, Restarting or Signing Out:
Sometimes, the third-party touchpad driver might be the cause of the Elara app error that you are facing. So, in such a case, it is advised to remove any third-party touchpad drivers that might be installed on your laptop or notebook.
You can follow the same tutorial listed above to remove any third-party touchpad drivers in your Windows 10 notebook or laptop. Even without any third-party touchpad drivers, Windows 10 has an inbuilt touchpad driver which is sufficient enough for the functioning of the touchpad of your notebook or laptop.
So if none of the above methods are working, do try uninstalling any third-party touchpad drivers that may be installed on your Windows 10 laptop or notebook.
Method 5 for Solving Elara App is Preventing Windows from Shutting down, Restarting or Signing Out:
In this method to resolve the “Elara App is Preventing Windows from Shutting down“ error, we will try to undo any recent changes that you might have done to your Windows 10 system.
- Click on the Start button featured in the bottom left corner of your Windows 10 desktop.
- Type in “System Restore” and search for the same.
- Once the System Restore app is launched, you may be asked for a password. Type in the administrator password if you have set any.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- Restore your Windows 10 laptop or notebook to the most recent restore point before you started facing the error.
And that is it. The Windows 10 operating system will now restore back to the restore point selected by you and this might help in resolving the Elara app error that you are facing.
Final Words Regarding These Elara App Errors in Windows 10:
The above article features some of the assured ways to avoid errors related to the Elara app like “Elara App is Preventing Windows from Shutting down“, “Elara App is Preventing Windows from Restarting” and “Elara App is Preventing Windows from Signing Out“.
These 5 methods to resolve the Elara app errors are enough to resolve the error on any Windows 10 operating system. If anyone of the above methods helped you in solving the Elara app issue on your Windows 10 system, leave a comment below sharing which method helped you so as to help other readers as well.